Jaya Kula (Jai•ya Koo•la) is a nonprofit spiritual organization for people interested in learning about authentic Tantra and discovering more of life’s infinite potential. Grounded in the Indian tradition of direct realization Tantra and the teachings of Anandamayi Ma, Jaya Kula exists to support its community and all people in the natural process of unfoldment toward Self-realization. Shambhavi Sarasvati is the spiritual director.
Jaya Kula teachings and events take place at Kashi House: 3650 SE 26th Ave. Portland, OR 97202 unless otherwise noted.
Most Teachings are open to newcomers and drop-ins.
Jaya Kula teachings are offered on either a “Give What You Can” or fixed donation basis.
Ongoing Teachings and Events in Portland
Click on the links for more information.
- Satsang with the Bhagavad Gita - Tuesdays, 6:30-8:00pm. (Give What You Can) Back at Kashi House as of May 28th!!
- Devi Nights with Shambhavi & Friends - most Friday nights @7pm. Weekly Dharma discussion based on the teachings of Anandamayi Ma, plenty of time to hang out, and a spiritual movie series, too! Take your Friday nights outside the box! (Give What You Can.) Friday, May 17th – Movie Night! Come watch a rare video interview with Maitreyi, a woman who lived with and served Anandamayi Ma for many years.
- Live-Stream satsangs – Every Friday night @ 7pm PST when Shambhavi is in town, she offers a live-streamed Devi Night satsang via Google+ Hangouts. You must be in Shambhavi’s Google+ circles to join. Only one satsang a month is recorded and posted to Youtube.
- Jai Ma Chanting – First Saturday of the month. 10-11:30am. Chanting the names of the divine mother and other mantras and kirtan. (Give What You Can.)
- Ayurveda for You. One Sunday morning a month. Check the course page for upcoming dates. Drop-ins welcome if you have some understanding of the five elements.
- Vajra Dance practice. Twice a month in Portland. Open to anyone who has taken a course in the Vajra Dance of the Six Spaces of Samantabhadra.
Tantrik Sadhana and Studies
Shambhavi holds two on-going monthly Tantrik Sadhana and Study groups. Visit the TSS page for more information.
Special Teachings, Retreats and Events in Portland
Click on the links for more information and to register.
- May 23-26, Tantra Foundations: This is Jaya Kula’s core beginning teaching. Find out about authentic Tantra and learn a complete practice. REGISTRATION
- July 21st, 7pm – GURU PURNIMA ANANDAMAYI MA PUJA, Kashi House
- December 15, 2013 – January 3, 2014: Jaya Kula Yatra to India: In the Footsteps of Anandamayi Ma. MORE INFORMATION.
Want to organize a teaching with Shambhavi in your area? Use the contact form to get in touch.
Still have questions? Use the contact form (fastest) or call (503) 902-1008 (slower).