The ordinary function that we call intelligence is actually quite dense and stale. It’s really unintelligent! Spiritual practice gets us in touch with primordial intelligence which is always clear and fresh and spontaneous.
LISTEN TO ALL EPISODES HERE.
FIRST WORDS FROM THE PODCAST
The reason why that ordinary function we call intelligence isn’t really what I call intelligence, is because that ordinary function is operating under the mistaken impression of Anavamala, the root sense of separation.
The ordinary intelligence that most people are operating with most of the time is telling you that you are the main factor in charting a course in your life. You use that ordinary intelligence to evaluate, to analyze, to plan, to think about possibilities: what could happen, what might happen. You use it to compare and contrast, to think about pros and cons. And it’s all based on the assumption that you can decide and plan and analyze in a vacuum, all by your little lonesome self. And that what’s going on in your mind is a real engagement with life and a real description of what’s going on in reality. We are so overcome with this mistaken concept of ordinary intelligence. It is so unintelligent!
New to Podcasting? Here’s how you can listen and subscribe.
Listen on jayakula.org
You can listen to Satsang with Shambhavi right here. Shambhavi’s latest podcast can always be found at jayakula.org/satsang-with-shambhavi.
You can also download the podcast from our website so you can listen to it anytime, even without an internet connection. Just click on the download icon found on each individual podcast episode track player.
Subscribe on your computer, phone, tablet or any podcast app
- iPhone or iPad: Open the native iOS app “Podcasts.” Search for “Satsang with Shambhavi” and tap on the “subscribe” button to have new episodes sent to your phone for free. You can also subscribe on your iphone via any other podcast app.
- Android phone: Subscribe to Satsang with Shambhavi on Google Play Music.
- iTunes: Go to Satsang with Shambhavi on iTunes to listen and/or subscribe.
- We are also available via Soundcloud.
- If you cannot find Satsang with Shambhavi on your favorite podcast app, you may be able to manually enter the RSS feed address: satsangwithshambhavi.org/rss.