Join Shambhavi Sarasvati and the Jaya Kula community for ten days of learning ritual, singing kirtan, chanting, meditation, and playing on the beach. Come for everything, or register for individual events and teachings.
Kripa is a Sanskrit word that means grace. Our 2017 summer retreat will enhance our capacity to express grace and receive grace through ritual. Participate in a traditional Guru Purnima celebration. Learn to conduct a home puja. And of course, offer your voice and experience natural grace through chanting mantra and singing kirtan.
Schedule of Teachings and Events
- Fri July 7, 7-10pm, Opening Satsang Mantra Kirtan jam!
- Sat July 8, 4pm, Diksha (private event)
- Sat July 8, 7-10pm, Guru Purnima Celebration
- Sun July 9, 1-5pm, Puja Foundations
- Sun July 9, 6:30-9:30pm, Satsang and Kirtan
- Mon July 10 – Sun July 16, 7:30-8:30am, Open Meditation
- Mon July 10, 10am-noon, Shamatha meditation instruction
- Mon July 10, 4-6pm, Sahaja ~ natural contemplation instruction
- Tues-Wed, July 11-12, 1-5pm, Puja II ~ 16 Offering Puja
- Thurs, July 13, 10-noon, Puja II ~ 16 Offering Puja
- Wed July 12, 6:30-8:30pm, Satsang and kirtan
- Fri, Sat, July 14-15, 9am-noon, Guru Yoga
- Thurs, Fri, Sat, July 13-15, 7-10pm, Satsang Mantra Kirtan jam
- Sun July 16, 10am-12:30pm, Chakra Kirtan
- Sun July 16, 6:30-8:30pm, Satsang and Kirtan