Three Impediments to Confidence
Shambhavi riffs on what stops us from having confidence in ourselves and in God.
LISTEN TO ALL EPISODES HERE.
FIRST WORDS FROM THE PODCAST
The ways that people have devised to protect themselves from openness and naturalness are very complex and convoluted. And yet, at the same time, pretty much everybody wants to have their practice bear extraordinary fruit very quickly. There’s somewhat of a contradiction here.
That desire for quick results and more even, than quick results, just quick greatness, is part of our karmic tartar build-up. Before we can really enter full on into our practice, a certain amount of clearing out has to be done. And this can take a very long time. When I say, “Before we go full on into the path,” I mean before we really have a deep taste of what it means to surrender into naturalness. What I mean by getting really full on into the path is having a clear and embodied ability to surrender into naturalness and to have the practice begin speaking to us and doing us, rather than us just doing the practice to get a certain result, or just to become great. In order to be able to surrender like that, into just the whatever of life, whatever’s happening, we have to have some real confidence.
New to Podcasting? Here’s how you can listen and subscribe.
Listen on jayakula.org
You can listen to Satsang with Shambhavi right here. Shambhavi’s latest podcast can always be found at jayakula.org/satsang-with-shambhavi.
You can also download the podcast from our website so you can listen to it anytime, even without an internet connection. Just click on the download icon found on each individual podcast episode track player.
Subscribe on your computer, phone, tablet or any podcast app
- iPhone or iPad: Open the native iOS app “Podcasts.” Search for “Satsang with Shambhavi” and tap on the “subscribe” button to have new episodes sent to your phone for free. You can also subscribe on your iphone via any other podcast app.
- Android phone: Subscribe to Satsang with Shambhavi on Google Play Music.
- iTunes: Go to Satsang with Shambhavi on iTunes to listen and/or subscribe.
- We are also available via Soundcloud.
- If you cannot find Satsang with Shambhavi on your favorite podcast app, you may be able to manually enter the RSS feed address: satsangwithshambhavi.org/rss.