Ayurveda is the Tantrik life science. It harmonizes the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of life. This beautiful, living tradition of self-care is an essential component of authentic Tantrik practice.
Jaya Kula recommends the following Ayurvedic suppliers and resources.
- Banyan Botanicals
The premier U.S. supplier of organic ayurvedic herbs, formulas, oils, and other products.
- Ayurvedic Institute
High-quality ayurvedic products and reliable information about ayurveda. The Institute sells all-natural kum kum and other puja supplies.
- Food, Sleep and Sex
Ayurveda for Daily Health blog by Susan (Hrimati) Fauman.
- Circle of Health Rasayanas
Rasyanas are used for rejuvenation after an illness has completed, or if a person is generally in good balance, but needs a bit of tonifying. Not to be used when an illness is in progress.
- Ayurveda Basics: Articles by Dr. Vasant Lad
Contains a short description of dinacharya under the heading “Daily Routine.”
- Prakriti: Your Ayurvedic Constitution
A classic introduction to Ayurveda. Essential information for any Tantrika.
- Ayurveda:The Science of Self-Healing by Dr. Vasant Lad
An introduction to Ayurveda by one of the world’s foremost teachers.
- The Path of Practice: A Woman’s Book of Ayurvedic Healing by Maya Tiwari
Recommended by Jaya Kula readers.
- The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies by Dr. Vasant Lad
Contains an excellent and readable introduction to Ayurveda and a description of the daily routine (dinacharya).
- Articles about Ayurvedic Self-care
A library of practical, expert articles from Ayurvedic practitioner, Michael Dick, one of Shambhavi’s teachers.