Ayurveda for You
Sunday, Oct 15, 2017
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm Eastern
10:00 am - 12:00 pm Pacific
159 State Street, 2nd Floor
Portland, ME, 04101
Ways to Attend
Join Sadashiva Stavrum for a series of Sunday afternoon practical teachings about Ayurveda.
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda means the science of life. It is recognized by the World Health Organization as an effective system of traditional medicine. Self-care through diet and life-style choices is a huge component of Ayurveda. Ayurveda offers us many simple and natural ways to take care of ourselves to prevent illness and promote health and mental well-being.
What you will learn
- The history and view of Ayurveda
- About the different human constitutions (Vata, Pitta and Kapha) based on the five elements
- Classical Ayurvedic practices for self-care
- Diagnostic techniques for getting into better balance
- How to use kitchen herbs and spices as medicine
Prerequisite for Ayurveda for You
Five Element Foundations with Shambhavi Sarasvati
Offered on September 10, 2017
All of Ayurveda is based on an understanding of the five elements: earth, water, fire, air and space. Five-Element Foundations begins your journey and is a prerequisite for the Ayurveda for You series.
Ayurveda for You Schedule 2017 – 2018
- Sept. 17: Ayurveda – Natural and Direct. An introduction to the history and basic principles of Ayurveda. Includes an exploration of self-care as the heart of the tradition. Why Ayurvedic Self-Care is a spiritual practice.
- Oct. 15: Dosha – Vata, Pitta and Kapha and their relationship to Karma
- Nov. 19: Balancing Dosha with the Six Tastes
- Jan 14, 2018: Prana, Tejas and Ojas
- TBD: Dinacharya – Going deeper. Many Jaya Kula students practice Dinacharya. In this teaching, we will go deeper into the classical teachings on this beautiful practice and discuss how to adjust it for each dosha and changing circumstance
- TBD: Self-observation – the foundation of Ayurvedic Self-care: You will learn specific aspects of self-observation of the emotions, dreams, tongue, urine, fingernails, and so on that are crucial for skillfully surfing life’s changing conditions.
- TBD: Disease, Dis-ease, and Ease: You will learn about the disease process and the movement toward greater ease and “juiciness!”
- TBD: Kitchen Medicine: common herbs and spices for self-care: You will learn how to use common Ayurvedic herbs found in your kitchen and in health food stores.
About the Teacher
Sadashiva Stavrum holds a certification as an Ayurvedic Health Counselor (AHC) from Kripalu’s School of Ayurveda, completed in 2016. He was first exposed to Ayurveda by Gianna Piccardo Ripa in 2009 in Portland, Oregon. He deepened his Ayurveda studies with his primary spiritual teacher, Shambhavi Sarasvati, before continuing on to Kripalu. He continues to be an avid student and practitioner of Ayurveda, Tantra, and Yoga.
Visit Happy Life Ayurveda, Sada’s website, for more information.
Ayurveda for You is a Jaya Kula Core Teaching+ Google Calendar+ iCal
Bookings are closed for this event.