Death and Dying
Saturday, Oct 20, 2018 - Sunday, Oct 21, 2018
1:00 pm - 6:00 pm Eastern
10:00 am - 3:00 pm Pacific
159 State Street, 2nd Floor
Portland, ME, 04101
Ways to Attend
A unique opportunity to develop a natural, practical and spiritual relationship to death and dying
About the Death and Dying Wisdom Teaching
The Death and Dying Wisdom Teaching is an in-depth exploration of the dying process, how to relate to your own death, and how to accompany dying people. This teaching is for anyone interested in the death process – spiritual practitioners, counselors, advisors, and students and practitioners of Ayurveda, Chinese medicine and other traditional healthcare systems.
What you will learn
- What is death?
- Death and the Five Elements
- What does it mean to die well?
- How can you prepare to die well?
- What is the dying process from the perspectives of Ayurveda and Indian and Tibetan Tantra?
- What happens in the bardos of death and what can you do about it?
- What is reincarnation?
- How can you be of assistance to others who are experiencing death?
Death and Dying is a Jaya Kula Core Teaching
About the teacher
Shambhavi Sarasvati is the spiritual director of Jaya Kula. Her principle training is in the View and practices of Trika Shaivism, the Tantrik tradition of Kashmir, and the Dzogchen tradition of Tibet.
“Spiritual practice is a way to find out who you really are and to live in the fullness of Reality. This is Self-realization. Nothing more or less.” —Shambhavi
You can read more about Shambhavi’s background, training and publications here.+ Google Calendar+ iCal