The Great Goddess and the Divine Word
Thursday, Jul 14, 2016 - Friday, Jul 15, 2016
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm Eastern
159 State Street, 2nd Floor
Portland, ME, 04101
Ways to Attend
in Trika Shaivism
Please join Shambhavi Sarasvati for a profound, two-day journey into Shakti and the creative power of the word.
In Trika Shaivism, as in many of the world’s spiritual traditions, a mysterious relationship exists between the word, or speech, and the creation. The world is literally “spelled” into existence.
This teaching is an opportunity to deeply explore the power of the word as embodied and wielded by the primordial Shaktis of Trika Shaivism: Parā, Parāparā and Aparā. We will also explore their relationships to Shāradā/Sarasvatī and Mātangī.
Along the way, we will learn and chant mantras and hymns as a vehicle for directly experiencing the transformative and creative power of the word.
This teaching is part of Jaya Kula’s special seven-day Decades celebration: July 13 – 19, 2016.
Schedule of Decades Teachings and Events
- Wednesday, July 13, 6:30 – 9pm: No Retreat Book Launch party and kirtan
- Thursday, Friday, July 14-15, 1-5pm: The Great Goddess and the Divine Word
- Saturday, July 16, 1-3pm: Teachings on Time, Impermanence, Immortality
- Saturday, July 16, 7-10pm: Decades Weekend Birthday Ball
- Sunday, July 17, 6:30-8:30pm: Teachings on Time, Impermanence, Immortality
- Monday, July 18th, 10am-11am: Jaya Kula Mandala group meditation (private)
- Tuesday, July 19th, 7-10pm: Guru Purnima puja, satsang and kirtan
Bookings are closed for this event.