The Great Goddess and the Way of Awakening
Saturday, May 19, 2018 - Sunday, May 20, 2018
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm Eastern
10:00 am - 1:30 pm Pacific
159 State Street, 2nd Floor
Portland, ME, 04101
Ways to Attend
Join Shambhavi Sarasvati for a profound, two-day encounter with the Goddesses of the North Indian Tantrik tradition of Trika Shaivism.
In this teaching, we will delve into the mysteries and interrelationships of three triads of female deities, or Shaktis, associated with the creation of all manifest life and the awakening of individuals to their real nature. We will also touch on the related Tibetan Vajrayana Dakini principle.
While the emphasis will be on View teachings, there will also be opportunity to directly encounter the wisdoms embodied in these various forms of Devi.
what you will learn
- What is the female principle in Trika Shaivism and Indian Tantra in general?
- How is the female principle related to consciousness and the process of creation?
- Why the Guru is always female, regardless of body style
- The deeper meaning of the three Shaktis: Iccha, Jñana, and Kriya Shakti
- The three Supreme Devis of Trika: Parā, Parāparā, and Aparā
- The three Goddesses of the Word: Parāvāk, Shāradā, and Mātangī
- The Dakini and the mode of the transmission of wisdom
- The relationship of Shāradā and Mātangī to the Vajrayana, Tantrik tradition of Tibet
- Mantras for Shāradā and Mātangī
This teaching will rely on texts from the Trika tradition, from the Vajrayana, and upadesha teachings (from the direct experience of the teacher).
About the teacher
Shambhavi Sarasvati is the spiritual director of Jaya Kula. Her principle training is in the View and practices of Trika Shaivism, the Tantrik tradition of Kashmir, and the Dzogchen tradition of Tibet.
“Spiritual practice is a way to find out who you really are and to live in the fullness of Reality. This is Self-realization. Nothing more or less.” —Shambhavi
You can read more about Shambhavi’s background, training and publications here.+ Google Calendar+ iCal
Bookings are closed for this event.