Sounds of Awakening
Saturday, Apr 9, 2016
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm Eastern
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Upper Valley Yoga
58 North Main ST
White River Junction, Vermont, 05001
Ways to Attend
Sanskrit Chanting for Beginners
with Shambhavi Sarasvati in Vermont
Did you know that every letter in the Sanskrit alphabet is a mantra?
What You will Learn
- How to correctly pronounce and chant the Sanskrit alphabet
- The hidden, spiritual meanings of Sanskrit sounds
- The most widely used system of reading Sanskrit in Roman letters with accent (diacritical) marks
- The correct pronunciation of Sanskrit words commonly used in yoga and other spiritual practices from India
- The chanting of prayers in Sanskrit for peace, liberation and help in skillfully dealing with life’s ups and downs. The specific prayers we will learn are the Svasti prayer, the Shanti Path and the Ganesha Stotram.
Times: 1pm -4pm and 6pm – 8:30pm. Students must attend both sessions.
Cost: Please visit the Upper Valley Yoga website for costs and registration.
**Please note that there will be a $12 additional fee for the Sanskrit manual you will receive. This will be collected by Shambhavi at the teaching.
Shambhavi is the Spiritual Director of Jaya Kula. She learned Sanskrit from her puja teacher, Sri Rama Ramanjuja Acharyi, and has been chanting and teaching Sanskrit prayers according to his methods for many years. Read more about Shambhavi.+ Google Calendar+ iCal