Sounds of Awakening ~ Sanskrit Chanting for Beginners
Saturday, Feb 4, 2017
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm Eastern
10:00 am - 2:00 pm Pacific
159 State Street, 2nd Floor
Portland, ME, 04101
Ways to Attend
with Shambhavi Sarasvati
Did you know that every letter in the Sanskrit alphabet is a mantra?
What You will Learn
- How to correctly pronounce and chant the Sanskrit alphabet in transliteration (Roman alphabet)
- The hidden, spiritual meanings of Sanskrit sounds
- The most widely used system of reading Sanskrit in Roman letters with accent (diacritical) marks
- The correct pronunciation of Sanskrit words commonly used in yoga and other spiritual practices from India
- The chanting of prayers in Sanskrit.
**Please note that there will be a $12 additional fee for the Sanskrit manual you will receive. This will be collected by Shambhavi at the teaching.
Shambhavi is the Spiritual Director of Jaya Kula. She learned Sanskrit from her puja teacher, Sri Rama Ramanjuja Acharyi, and has been chanting and teaching Sanskrit prayers according to his methods for many years. Read more about Shambhavi.
BEFORE SOUNDS OF AWAKENING, JOIN IN FOR TWO MORE OPPORTUNITIES TO CHANT!
SUNDAY JANUARY 29 ~ MANTRA FOUNDATIONS – Learn about different mantras and chant for peace, liberation and heart-opening.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3 ~ MANTRA JAM! – Come and chant your heart out. No experience necessary.+ Google Calendar+ iCal
Bookings are closed for this event.