What is the Trident Fund and Why is it Important?
The Trident Fund is a vessel for sustaining and nurturing the activities of Jaya Kula, its teacher and students. Donors to the Trident Fund pledge to make a substantial annual contribution for three years.
The three-year pledges of Trident Fund donors give Jaya Kula the ability to plan and act on longer-term, community-building initiatives. Trident Fund donors also ensure that we are able, as a Mandala of practitioners, to respond skillfully to changing circumstances. We can take a big step, or wait for the “ripe” time to act, knowing that we have the enduring support of our community.
Trident Fund donors are the most important factor in creating the strong financial foundation we need to achieve our mission: hosting a collaborative, sustainable, supportive mandala of people who are committed to becoming living examples of the human potential to embody wisdom, skill, compassion, tenderness, devotion and spontaneity.
Major Accomplishments of the Trident Fund
Over the past five years, Trident Fund donors have touched the lives and supported the sadhana of every person in our Mandala by substantially contributing to realizing the following major goals:
- Applying for and receiving our official non-profit 501(c)3 designation;
- Making Jaya Kula Press an official project of Jaya Kula;
- Establishing and dramatically increasing the availability of low-income options for all workshops and discounted rates for retreats and yatras;
- Continuing to upgrade the equipment that facilitates the live-stream teachings;
- Making the move to the Bay Area;
- Paying for our commercial rental space in Portland, Oregon
- Increasing Shambhavi’s monthly stipend so she could quit her second job;
- Hiring part-time administrative help for Shambhavi;
- Making it possible for Shambhavi to travel to teach;
- Paying for the Jaya Kula website;
- Establishing a health care emergency fund and travel grants for Mandala members;
- Establishing an organizational reserve fund for emergencies and future special projects; and
- Training the Board of Directors to hone the skills they need to guide Jaya Kula.
current Activities of the trident fund
Creation, Maintenance and Destruction
The Trident Fund will continue to support activities that sustain Jaya Kula and will also embark on funding new projects to manifest our longer-term vision.
CREATION: Accomplishing bold new projects
- Investing in the long-term preservation and dissemination of Shambhavi’s teachings on audio and video (ongoing). In 2020, the Trident Fund will participate in getting Shambhavi’s dohas professionally produced and on Spotify.
- Establishing a permanent Jaya Kula headquarters in the Bay Area, Summer 2020
- Converting the current part-time administrative position into a full-time position, 2021
- Making it possible for Shambhavi to undertake longer personal retreats
MAINTENANCE: Holding the crucible for teacher and students
- Contributing to rental expenses and hosting costs.
- Contributing to Shambhavi’s monthly stipend so that she doesn’t have to work outside of Jaya Kula.
DESTRUCTION: Destroying obstacles to students getting teachings
- Paying for Shambhavi to travel and give teachings
- Investing in new and improved live-stream infrastructure and collaboration tools
- Providing discounted teaching rates for lower income students attending teachings, retreats and yatras
- Providing financial assistance with airfare for lower income students flying to Jaya Kula’s main teaching center
Participation in The Trident Fund
- Each contributor to the Trident Fund makes a substantial annual donation for a period of three years.
- Annual contributions are due in the fourth quarter of each year (October 1 – December 31).
- A semi-annual contribution option is available if that would make it easier for you to participate. Semi-annual contributions of half of the pledge amount are made by June 30 and December 31 of each year.
Levels of Participation
Oddiyana – $2000 or higher annually
Oddiyana is the home of dakinis, the subtle wisdom beings who transmit teachings into the human realm.
Kailash – $1000 to $1999 annually
Mt. Kailash is the Himalayan home of Lord Shiva.
Kashi – $750 to $999 annually
Kashi is the ancient name for Varanasi, Lord Shiva’s city of light.
thank you for being a donor to the Trident Fund!
Every single member of our Mandala benefits from the generosity of Trident Fund donors. Whenever someone enjoys a live-stream teaching, is able to come to a teaching because there is a low-income option, or benefits from Shambhavi being able to devote all of her time to Jaya Kula without working a second job, they are saying “Thank you!”
Please join us in stepping up to
the next level of serving
our community, our teacher and everyone.
To join the Trident Fund, please contact Matridarshana Lamb, our Board member in charge of the Trident Fund. Matri will answer your questions and concerns and can set up a face-to-face meeting with you.
To join the Trident Fund, your donation must be $500 or above. If you want to give a one-time, or smaller donation, visit the Giving page. THANK YOU!