Anger and Kindness
Shambhavi riffs on kindness, fierce compassion, your natural Shakti and plain old being mean.
Satsang with Shambhavi is a weekly podcast about spirituality, love, death, devotion and waking up while living in a messy world.
LISTEN TO ALL EPISODES HERE.
FIRST WORDS FROM THE PODCAST
I grew up in an Irish-Catholic neighborhood, and most of the families were quite working class. And it was a pretty typical Irish-Catholic neighborhood in that there were huge families, and a lot of drinking, and a lot of fighting and a lot of domestic violence. So, it was quite an aggressive, violent atmosphere. My family also had a lot of aggression going on between my parents. The other thing that was going on in the neighborhood that I grew up in was there were a lot of religious and race divisions.
I lived [at the intersection] in this weird area where there was the Irish-Catholic side of the tracks, more working class, and then on the other side of the tracks was the more middle class neighborhood with a lot of Jewish people where my Aunt lived. And then, running straight through it was a little commuter train that came from downtown Philadelphia out into the middle class Jewish neighborhood and the suburbs beyond. And on that train came all these African-American people who were cleaning the houses and taking care of the kids of the people in the more middle class and upper-middle class neighborhoods. I was very aware of these divisions and the kind of meanness that prevailed in these divisions. And when I was little, I just really had this longing for people to be kinder to each other, and just to not try and hurt each other: to treat each other in a way that was not intentionally hurtful.
New to Podcasting? Here’s how you can listen and subscribe.
Listen on jayakula.org
You can listen to Satsang with Shambhavi right here. Shambhavi’s latest podcast can always be found at jayakula.org/satsang-with-shambhavi.
You can also download the podcast from our website so you can listen to it anytime, even without an internet connection. Just click on the download icon found on each individual podcast episode track player.
Subscribe on your computer, phone, tablet or any podcast app
- iPhone or iPad: Open the native iOS app “Podcasts.” Search for “Satsang with Shambhavi” and tap on the “subscribe” button to have new episodes sent to your phone for free. You can also subscribe on your iphone via any other podcast app.
- Android phone: Subscribe to Satsang with Shambhavi on Google Play Music.
- iTunes: Go to Satsang with Shambhavi on iTunes to listen and/or subscribe.
- We are also available via Soundcloud.
- If you cannot find Satsang with Shambhavi on your favorite podcast app, you may be able to manually enter the RSS feed address: satsangwithshambhavi.org/rss.