The Shape of Jaya Kula
The Mandala: our entire community, near and far
Mandala means circle and also the whole body, or the totality. In the Tantrik tradition, spiritual communities are sometimes referred to as Mandalas. Whether near or far, anyone who makes a dharma connection to Jaya Kula is considered to be an aspect of our Mandala. Those participating in the Mandala may or may not feel any particular commitment to the teacher, or the teachings. They may stay for a lifetime, or only a little while.
The Kula: those who are closely aligned with the teachings and who practice them with devotion, integrity and consistency
In the classical Tantrik tradition, Kula referred to a small number of initiated students working closely with a Guru. At Jaya Kula, we preserve the essence of what Kula has meant in the classical tradition, but without necessarily requiring formal initiation. The essence of Kula for us is commitment and consistency in following the specific teachings offered by Shambhavi, our spiritual director.
The Cruocracy: A social sadhana game played by Jaya Kula students who are engaged in offering service to the Mandala.
Cruocracy consists of Andas (bodies) of Agents (people) who have Authorities to plan and energize specific Expressions (actions).
The central Andas of the Cruocracy are:
- Jaya Kula’s Board of Directors: The “BOD” holds overarching responsibility for the financial health, honesty, legality and integrity of Jaya Kula.
- The Sunflower: Works directly with Shambhavi (our Spiritual Director) to support her in serving our community.
- Blue Anda: creates, hosts and improves the experience of all those attending Jaya Kula teachings, rituals and events.
- Green Anda: maintains and improves the delivery of teachings via technology.
- Yellow Anda: manages financial resources.
- Red Anda: maintains and improves communications within the community and to the public.
- Orange Anda: helps people get teachings by publishing and marketing Jaya Kula Press books.
- Gold Anda: keeps things unstuck and in View.