Kali Yuga Satsang
What is a Yuga? How does living in the Kali Yuga affect our experience of time? A podcast from Satsang with Shambhavi.
LISTEN TO ALL EPISODES HERE.
FIRST WORDS FROM THE PODCAST
In the book of the Law of Manu, there is a description of what are called the yugas, or eras of time. And I’m sure that isn’t where they originate from, but our reference point is this Book of Manu, which is really kind of a book of morals in Indian culture, like a common handbook of how to be a human being. There are, according to this view, four ages that cycle. They are not linear. So, they just keep repeating. And those are the Kali Yuga, the Dwapara Yuga, the Treta Yuga, and the Satya Yuga. Kali means the era of confusion and darkness, of greatest ignorance. Dwapara and Treta only refer to the numerical relationship to the Kali Yuga. Each of these has an ascending phase and a descending phase, or you could say a waxing and a waning phase. What is waxing is wisdom. What is waxing is people’s realization, or ability to realize; and on the waning side, ignorance is increasing. Enlightenment is decreasing.
New to Podcasting? Here’s how you can listen and subscribe.
Listen on jayakula.org
You can listen to Satsang with Shambhavi right here. Shambhavi’s latest podcast can always be found at jayakula.org/satsang-with-shambhavi.
You can also download the podcast from our website so you can listen to it anytime, even without an internet connection. Just click on the download icon found on each individual podcast episode track player.
Subscribe on your computer, phone, tablet or any podcast app
- iPhone or iPad: Open the native iOS app “Podcasts.” Search for “Satsang with Shambhavi” and tap on the “subscribe” button to have new episodes sent to your phone for free. You can also subscribe on your iphone via any other podcast app.
- Android phone: Subscribe to Satsang with Shambhavi on Google Play Music.
- iTunes: Go to Satsang with Shambhavi on iTunes to listen and/or subscribe.
- We are also available via Soundcloud.
- If you cannot find Satsang with Shambhavi on your favorite podcast app, you may be able to manually enter the RSS feed address: satsangwithshambhavi.org/rss.