Ayurveda is the naturopathic science of life from India. It harmonizes the physical and emotional so that spiritual life can thrive. This beautiful, living tradition of self-care is an essential component of Tantrik practice.
The foundation of any authentic spiritual practice are the daily rituals that recalibrate our energy and divinize our lives. Whether you are busy raising a family, or sitting on a mountain, the Ayurvedic practices offered here are essential expressions of a full human life.
- Dinacharya – the Ayurvedic daily ritual for recalibrating and seating prana. Essential for all. Dinacharya (PDF)
- Offering and Receiving Nourishment – a ritual for eating well. Offering and Receiving Nourishment (PDF)
Jaya Kula recommends the following Ayurvedic suppliers and resources.
- Banyan Botanicals
The premier U.S. supplier of organic ayurvedic herbs, formulas, oils, and other products.
- Ayurvedic Institute
High-quality ayurvedic products and reliable information about ayurveda. The Institute sells all-natural kum kum and other puja supplies.
- Ayurveda Basics: Articles by Dr. Vasant Lad
Contains a short description of dinacharya under the heading “Daily Routine.”
- Prakriti: Your Ayurvedic Constitution
A good introduction to Ayurveda.
- Ayurveda: The Science of Self-Healing by Dr. Vasant Lad
An introduction to Ayurveda by one of the world’s foremost teachers.
- The Path of Practice: A Woman’s Book of Ayurvedic Healing by Maya Tiwari
Recommended by Jaya Kula readers.
- The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies by Dr. Vasant Lad
Contains an excellent and readable introduction to Ayurveda and a description of the daily routine (dinacharya).
- Articles about Ayurvedic Self-care
A library of practical, expert articles from Ayurvedic practitioner, Michael Dick, one of Shambhavi’s teachers.